1. Personal data
Personal data are the data that you can make available to us when you visit theurbanafrica.com. In some sections, we can ask for an address, email address, and telephone numbers. In addition, when visiting www.theurbanafrica.com, other data are also automatically available, such as your IP address, information about the internet site from which you have opened our website, or about the internet browser you use (technical information).
2. Use of personal data
We will only collect, process, and use the personal data you have made available to us by visiting ghanaweb.com for purposes within the framework of the applicable data protection laws. Your personal details will be stored and used by us to make the visit to www.theurbanafrica.com as pleasant as possible.
For services such as newsletters or contact forms, we need information such as name, address, or email address. This is different on a case by case basis.
Technical information required for the presentation of ghanaweb.com on your computer is stored anonymously by us and used for statistical analyzes and to make our website as attractive as possible. Moreover, we use this information anonymously, so not related to your person, so that we can continually improve.
Cookies are stored on your computer and can be deleted at any time. After deleting cookies, you may have to reset your preferences. Cookies are completely secure and do not store email addresses or telephone numbers.
On the first visit to www.theurbanafrica.com, you can indicate via the cookie setting whether you accept cookies or if you want to change the settings for cookies.
4. Explanation about the cookies used on this website
We find it important that you know which cookies our website www.theurbanafrica.com uses and for what purposes they are used. We want to guarantee both your privacy and the user-friendliness of our website as much as possible. Below you can read more about the cookies that are used by and on our website and for what purposes.
4.1. Functional cookies
Functional cookies ensure that our website functions properly and allow us to improve the services we offer.
- saving settings for optimal video display, such as the desired buffer size and the resolution data of your screen.
- reading out your browser settings in order to show our website optimally on your screen.
- the uniform loading of the website, so that the site remains accessible.
- remembering that you have logged in to any secure areas of our website.
- allowing you to enter key information once and transfer that information to other pages without having to re-enter it.
- allowing you to set preferences that retain across visits to our website.
To determine which parts of www.theurbanafrica.com are most interesting to our visitors, we continuously measure how many visitors come to our website and what is viewed the most. For this, we use Chartbeat and Alexa. We do not trace the recorded information to persons and are only used by us for statistical insight.
The recorded information is used for:
- tracking the number of visitors on our web pages.
- tracking the amount of time each visitor spends on our web pages.
- determining the order in which a visitor visits the various pages of our website.
- assessing which parts of our site need adjustment.
- optimizing the website.